Thursday, November 27, 2014

How To Cope With Schizophrenia

  • Admit you have a mental illness.
  • Seek help when needed.
  • Take medication as directed.
  • Go to mental health support groups.


Now I will say that even if you have Schizophrenia you can still accomplish a lot of things in life. I was once told that even if you have Schizophrenia you can still have a job or be a parent or husband/wife. So that you can have those things and maintain those things you must seek help when needed so that your mental health counselor can help you with the problem you are having. If you are planning on having a family make sure you discuss it with your Psychiatrist.

I used to feel like having Schizophrenia meant my life was over. But the things I have been through actually gives me a chance to encourage other who have that same problem. I know sometimes that when you have a mental illness like Schizophrenia means that sometimes people think you are delusional or even making up things, but that is not true in every case. I can tell you that I have been through that stage where no one believed me, but now my life is no longer like that. I have improved a lot from the way I was. I am still trying to be the best I can be no matter what. Actually I have always been the one with the high ambitions.

Now there are medications out there that can really help you. I wouldn't say that they can cure Schizophrenia but they can help get you to the point where you can function in this society. Medications that I know of that can be prescribed for Schizophrenia is Zyprexa, Latuda, Geodon, Abilify and there might be a few more that I am not exactly familiar with.

Now mental health support groups really come in handy for those who are frustrated about having a mental illness. Your peers in your support group can really make you feel good about yourself and you might discover ways you can motivate each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment